DJMost SharesRadio and Music Industry NewsUncategorizedUpdated posts

Industry Vet Cliff Winston has Died

Radio Facts: radio facts,radio djs,urban adult,Urban Radio,
urban radio personalities, rap radio stations,r&b radio station, hip-hop music radio, black female singers
I am incredibly disappointed and sad to report this as it hits close to home. Cliff Winston was a true industry friend who was often a mentor to me on several occasions during my industry career. He was a true Radio DJ and programmer who made an incredible contribution to the industry. I met him when I worked at KKBT during the legendary days in the early 90s when it was the hottest station in the country and Cliff always had great jokes and I learned a lot from him about delivery and the industry. The last time I saw him was at the KJLH reunion a couple of years ago and I literally just asked John Monds about him yesterday. He passed today from a massive heart attack and he will be missed. RIP Cliff.

* indicates required

VMA’s ‘Best New Artist’ Winner Dove Cameron Signs Global Deal with Sony Music Publishing

Meet the Once Homeless Man Who is Now the President and CEO of the Los Angeles Mission and What He Plans to do to Help the Homeless Population in Los Angeles

KiKi Brown Named Assistant Brand Manager and Music Director of WAMO 107.3 in Pittsburgh

2022 iHeartRadio Music Festival Event Recap (PICS)

Urban One Hires PR Veteran to Lead Corporate Communications

Sony Music Publishing Nashville Signs Global Deal with Jamie Davis

Meet the Former Radio DJ who Turned her Experience and Challenges into a Profitable and Award Winning Podcast

KCRW WELCOMES TWO NEW HIRES TO ITS CONTENT LEADERSHIP TEAM ACCOMPANIED BY FIVE-YEAR INVESTMENT FROM THE KCRW FOUNDATION BOARD TO DEVELOP AUDIENCES IN THE PODCAST SPACE

Meet the Hip-Hop Radio DJ who is Taking His Passion for Gaming to Radio Stations Nationwide

Ural Garrett

Dalyce Kelley December 19, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Omg, I grew up listening to Cliff. What a loss. I’m very sad.

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 8:34 pm

RIH Cliff

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 8:47 pm

I am so saddened to hear the loss of a legend, pioneer. This is shocking. I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Cliff Winston very nice man.rip

Anonymous December 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm

So very sad to hear this news. I rode to work every morning listening to Cliff Winston. I even had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times over the years. Once at the Comedy Union, and ran into him with his son at the grocery store last year. He was very gracious each time. He was the classiest DJ/radio personality out there. Morning radio was never the same after he left KJLH. May he Rest In Peace.

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 1:06 am

I knew him. I am saddened to hear the passing of Cliff Winston

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

My friend Cliff! You will be missed…I remember I won tickets twice from him, and hung out with him at the comedy club in LA.. I’m saddened

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:38 am

Dereese Smith-Parker. RIP Cliff!

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

I live in Los Angeles and I listened to Cliff Winston for many years. I am saddened to hear he has passed.

Rog Swain December 20, 2017 at 8:50 am

Damn it seem like yesterday we was just running around the Boys & Girls Club we love you man

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 9:45 am

I remember he was on WBMX in Chicago for a while. R.I.P. Cliff Winston.

Prince Zaire December 20, 2017 at 9:52 am

Prince Zaire
I was shocked and saddened to hear the news about brother Cliff.
He was a consummate professional.
Broadcasting was in his DNA for sure.
Cliff Winston was a morning radio legend.
I live in Los Angeles and use to listen to him in the morning for years on KJLH.
He got my day started playing classics and talking about community events.
I send condolences to his family.
May God Bless His Spirit.

Kenneth James December 20, 2017 at 11:06 am

I was one of Cliff’s record reps for Columbia & MCA and he made it fun. We had epic battles at the gym on Saturdays when the industry guys would play basketball. He was a really good point-guard & loved the pocket pass & give-and-go. I considered him a friend & He will be sorely missed. Prayers & love go to his family.

Linda Jay December 20, 2017 at 11:30 am

I got the opportunity to be Host for a day years ago with Cliff during his morning show that I simply loved so much. After witnessing what he does at the helm working the boards, speaking so DJ eloquently, laughing, joking, playing good music, trivia questions, sports statistics, birthday wishes, complecated call ins all while keeping the energy levell up in the room for 4 straight hours, He was Amazing thats why I pegged him on his last birthday, My “Marvin Gaye” of Radio Personalities. He did it so well He was a Natural and he Was Great. He will be sorely missed by soooo many of us all over. RIP dear Soldier!

Anonymous December 20, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I was very sad to hear the news of Cliff Winston’s passing. He was a dear friend of mine & he will truly be missed. Rest in peace.

Yeimi December 20, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Very sad news I work for him for 2 years back in 99. Rest In Peace

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 8:18 am

I will always be very thankful to Cliff for giving me my first taste of working in a major market at KJLH back in the early 90’s. May your spirit soar on the wings of RA as you journey to be with the ancestors! Rest In Power my brother.

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Cliff was a kind, wonderful and very talented air personality. RIP

Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Rip. Mr.Winston

Michael Morgan sr December 22, 2017 at 12:53 am

Very nice funny and respectful man , and didn’t think he was above anyone else because of who he was! And that is rare today , glad to have met him on several occasions..Rip cliff Job well done…