UPDATE: George states that his inusrance company has agreed to cover his losses. This is great news. Read the previous story below. He has taken down his Go-Fund-Me page.
George Daniels better known as Uncle George is an icon not only in Chicago but across the country. In 1969, George opened George’s Music Room in Chicago and has been a pillar of strength and support in the community. As the music industry began to evolve from vinyl to digital, George decided to pivot his music retail expertise to libations with his latest venture, George’s Beverage Depot in 2018. As a veteran businessman and entrepreneur, George found a location and built his first store.
As protests rage across the United States, calling for an end to police brutality and justice for the murder of George Floyd, the city outlook changed. Unfortunately, the peaceful riots turned violent in Chicago during the weekend of May 29th and caused devastating damage to the store. The entire establishment had been vandalized and robbed. $1.2 million worth of inventory stolen and/or destroyed, registers and safe stolen; both had cash in them, ATM broken into and cash stolen, security gates were destroyed, entryway glass shattered, coolers shattered, shelving destroyed and our employees are out of work. Being a black owned business, and someone who is dedicated to community, it is heartbreaking to see all his hard work and dedication destroyed.
After discussing with the insurance company he found out that the insurance will only cover a portion of what it will cost to rebuild and reopen. He is asking for your help to bring back George’s Beverage Depot!
- Bernie Sanders Memes the Funniest Thing to Come Out of the Inauguration
- The Official Statement From Michael “Harry-O” Harris’ Camp after Pardon from Trump
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Anderson Cooper Found Out Amanda Gorman the Person is Even More Amazing than the Poet
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Reactions To Donald Trump Pardoning Lil’ Wayne & Kodak Black
- Who Was Gene Griffin? See Comments
- Official Statement: Trump Pardons Death Row Records co-founder Michael “Harry-O” Harris
- Cumulus Media Announces Changes to Sales Leadership
- iHeartMedia Chicago’s 107.5 WGCI Announces Charmaine Bey as New Midday Host