iHeartMedia announced today that Michael Burger has been named Senior Vice President of Sales for Raleigh, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Raleigh has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than five stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.
iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. As Senior Vice President of Sales, Burger will be responsible for overseeing all revenue and sales operations for the Raleigh market. He will report to Alan Kirshbom, Market President for iHeartMedia Raleigh.
“Michael has a proven record of winning,” said Kirshbom. “Having held virtually all sales roles since joining the industry, his experience will help him lead our team of champions to even greater success.”
Burger joins the Raleigh market from iHeartMedia St. Louis, where he most recently served as the Vice President of Sales, working closely with market-leading brands such as 93.7 The Bull and Z107.7. He also served as the political point for iHeartMedia’s Midwest Zone, which encompasses 12 markets. Prior to that, he was a Senior Account Executive for KTVI FOX 2 in St. Louis. He began his career at KMIZ/KQFX, an ABC/FOX duopoly in his hometown of Columbia, Missouri, where he attended the University of Missouri.
“The opportunity to join this accomplished team in Raleigh, a team that is reshaping the way we help clients tell their stories and also leaning into the ever-evolving audio/digital/events/data space, is exhilarating,” said Burger. “My appreciation goes to iHeart Raleigh for welcoming me with open arms and my family and I are beyond excited to make Raleigh our new home.”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Raleigh market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show