Supplies to Benefit Victims of Hurricane Laura in The Gulf Coast Region
iHeartMedia Panama City announced that “850 Strong Love for Louisiana,” a supply drive to benefit victims of Hurricane Laura, collected enough items to fill two semi-truck trailers that were donated by Tarpon Dock Seafood owner Greg Abrams. The drive was held at a local Super Walmart on Monday, August 31 from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
“850 Strong Love for Louisiana” was promoted on all five iHeartMedia Panama City stations and included on-location broadcasts from 92.5 WPAP’s Dr. Shane & Tess, 96 ROCK’s Paco, Sunny 98.5’s John Lund and 99.3 The Beat’s DJ Big Boi. The on-air personalities encouraged the community to stop by and donate much needed supplies including power generators, cleaning supplies, diapers and baby food, outdoor equipment, bottled water, non-perishable food items and clothing, as well as coloring books and crayons for the young victims of Hurricane Laura.
850 Strong started as a campaign following the devastating effects that Hurricane Michael had on the Florida Panhandle region. “Having been through a category 5 hurricane ourselves less than two years ago, we knew what the folks of South Louisiana and South Texas needed,” said Darrell Johnson, General Manager of iHeartMedia Panama City. “Even as our community is still recovering from that natural disaster while also dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, we knew it was important for our community to step up and help our Gulf Coast neighbors.”
In addition to the supplies, the drive also raised nearly $10,000 in monetary donations. In addition to purchasing additional critically-needed items for Hurricane Laura victims, part of the funds were donated to the United Cajun Navy, a nonprofit organization that assembles search and rescue teams during natural disasters.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Panama City market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with more than 2 billion app downloads and more than 140 million registered users.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- SoundCloud Kicks Off New “Turn Up the Vote” Campaign to Turn Out the Youth Vote
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations