Gaidaa Releases Amazon Original “Falling Higher” (DJ Moma Remix)
Today Sudanese/Dutch singer/songwriter Gaidaa has released an Amazon Original track “Falling Higher” (DJ Moma Remix), available to stream and purchase only on Amazon Music.
“I’ve crossed paths with DJ Moma a couple of times, and love what he does. He also happens to be Sudanese too, which is awesome,” says Gaidaa. “Working with him for the remix felt like the most natural fit. I was more than happy to trust him to do his thing, and he definitely delivered, so thanks Moma! Big shoutout! I also thought it was really cool that he was quarantining in Zanzibar, Tanzania when he made the remix, I feel like it genuinely brings a warmer summery energy to the song. I enjoy when other creators take on a song I wrote, at the end of the day a story can be told many different ways, and I love what Moma did with this one.”
Netherlands-based Sudanese singer and songwriter Gaidaa accesses soul in its purest form through organic R&B punctuated by acoustic instrumentation and lyrics laced with raw vulnerability. Growing up between The Netherlands and Sudan, Gaidaa’s Kehlani cover made its way to actor Bluey Robinson who touted her talents. In 2017, she also
caught the attention of producer Full Crate. Together, they cooked up “A Storm On A Summer’s Day,” which has amassed nearly 10 million total streams to date.
Balancing schooling with her recently launched music career, Gaidaa dove headfirst into writing, recording and touring. In 2019, COLORS invited her to record “Morning Blue” at their studio. The title referenced the #BlueForSudan campaign, encouraging social media users to change their profile pictures to blue in solidarity with Sudan and in honor of a protesting victim who favored the color steel blue. On its heels, her song “I Like Trouble” quickly saw streaming success and was dubbed a “Trojan Horse for disobedience by The FADER.
The rising artist holds nothing back on her critically lauded debut EP, Overture, available now on all digital streaming platforms.
Amazon Music listeners can find the track on “The High End,” the playlist with top shelf vibes for the discerning listener. Customers can also simply ask, “Alexa play the Amazon Original by Gaidaa” in the Amazon app for iOS and Android and on Alexa-enabled devices. In addition to Gaidaa, Amazon Music listeners can access hundreds of Amazon Originals featuring both emerging and established artists across numerous genres, available to stream and purchase only on Amazon Music.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue