Entertainment One (“eOne”) promotes Andre Howard to VP Digital Marketing and Ebrahim “Abe” Rasheed to Director, A&R & Artist Development.
With nearly 20 years of experience, Howard joined eOne in September 2019 as Director, Digital Marketing. In his newly expanded role as VP, Howard oversees all aspects of urban digital strategy and initiatives for the company’s urban roster, and strategizes with and assists the marketing, A&R and operations teams. Howard reports to both Sean Stevenson, eOne’s EVP and GM, Music, and Alan Grunblatt, eOne’s President, Urban Music.
Grunblatt says, “Dre and Abe were a big part of our recent successes with Brandy, Blueface, Bryant Myers and others. In their new roles, they will help usher in a bigger year with our expanding roster of new and established artists.”
Howard says, “I’m excited to be a part of the eOne team working alongside Chris Taylor, Sean, Alan, and team. There are so many exciting artists set to release new music in the pipeline. 2020 will be an eventful year for eOne.”
Howard most recently helmed the marketing firm The Media Music, Inc., a company he founded, where he managed and created marketing strategies for independent artists navigating music’s expanding digital landscape. He also held positions at Universal/ Republic Records, Violator Management, Family Tree Entertainment, Def Jam Records, MTV, and EMI, in roles specializing in A&R, Artist Development, Management, eCommerce and Marketing. He’s previously worked with artists Jay Z, Outkast, Missy Elliott, and Redman, among others.
Rasheed is promoted to Director, A&R and Artist Development. Rasheed has done A&R and production work for artists ranging from icon Lil Kim, Platinum Latin artist Bryant Myers, Brandy, and others. Rasheed will focus on growing the urban roster with new artists in addition to providing A&R duties for established artists. Additionally, he’ll work closely with the publishing division and Audio Network to grow the publishing roster with more writers and producers. He is based in New York and reports to Grunblatt.
Rasheed previously worked at New York urban radio station Hot97, where he booked the Who’s Next monthly showcase, highlighting emerging artists such as Cardi B, Belly, MoneyBagg Yo, ASAP Twelvy and others, and curated the Hot97 Who’s Next playlist.
For more information, contact Giovanna Melchiorre
at 212-353-8800×5279 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Ski and Nina Brown Talk about V103 Exit and WHUR Plans (DARF.TV video)
- .100 HIP HOP AND RNB FM MAKE MAJOR FREE AGENT MOVES, Marc Clark and K. Foxx
- Cardi B Celebrates The Debut Of ‘WAP’
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic Volume II Was the Best Party on the Internet
- Cardi B feat Megan Thee Stallion Use Frank Ski Sample in New Song “WAP” (videos)
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Ellen Degeneres And Her Toxic Workplace | The Joe Budden Podcast
- DJ Arrested After Sexual Battery Charge, Talks about Dark Side of Being a World Famous DJ
- Is Envy’s Beard Real Or Fake?