After crushing the court as college basketball stars and lighting up social media with must-follow accounts reaching an audience of nearly 3 million, Dylan and Dakota reveal their anxiously awaited debut single “Baddie” today.
On the track, a simmering bassline burns underneath an airy beat as the twins trade self-empowered and self-assured rhymes. It all builds towards a punchy proclamation, “You fuckin’ with a baddie.”
“‘Baddie’ is a concept we’ve tried to embody for our whole lives,” explains Dakota. “We’re huge advocates for self-love and want to empower. It’s a concept that’s free for anybody to define though. The universal rule of being a baddie is you have to make yourself feel good and experience the most joy.”
In addition, Dylan and Dakota will unveil their self-titled debut EP, Dylan and Dakota, coming soon. They bring a whole lot of attitude to hip-hop, pop, and R&B with an undeniable style of their own. To preview their vibes, recently the twins carried the Victor Victor torch as they starred in Pop Smoke’s video for “Mood Swings” [18 million views] featuring LilTJay alongside Jordyn Woods.
Calling all “baddies”…Dylan and Dakota have officially arrived!
Dylan and Dakota dunk over genre lines with punchy raps and pop hooks dripping with R&B swagger. In between a successful college basketball career and attracting an audience of nearly 3 million social media followers, the Idaho-raised and Las Vegas-based twins quietly honed their musical talents over the years.
They attended The University of Kansas and played for the Kansas Jayhawks before transferring to The University of Las Vegas where they graduated in 2017. The girls respectively built their own presences online with Dylan eventually exceeding 1.3 million Instagram followers and Dakota surpassing 1.1 million Instagram followers. At the same time, they always wrote and recorded music.
A demo link made its way around the industry and landed on the doorstep of Victor Victor/Republic Records where the duo signed in 2020. As if stepping onto the court for a championship game, Dylan and Dakota pop off now on the slick, sharp, and self-empowered anthem “Baddie.”
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)