Capitol Music Group Hires Edgar Machuca for a Multi-Label A&R Role
In his new position, he will be responsible for signing and developing artists and managing projects for both Capitol and Virgin. He will also oversee recording projects for their new and established artists. Edgar’s new bosses who he reports to are the CMG chairman-CEO Jeff Vaughn and Virgin president Jacqueline Saturn.
The Bronx-born native has come a long way from playing baseball in college. Not only has he achieved his success at the tender age of 26, but he has also helped in elevating Latin rap music.
“I’m just grateful to have been able to work with such great artists, most of whom I have really close friendships with, and executives as well. I just want to continue doing my part in shifting the culture positively.”– Edd Grand
Machuca started his career as an intern at Atlantic Records and was quickly promoted to a dual A&R role for the label. He comes to Capitol from Warner Records and independent Warner affiliate, Artist Partner Group (APG), where he was the Vice President. He was involved in signing Grammy-winning songwriter Derrick Milano and Puerto Rican rapper Myke Towers. He has also connected top artists that resulted in smash hits including,
- “Christopher Walken” from Pop Smoke,
- “Yikes” from Nicki Minaj,
- G-Eazy feat, Halsey – “Him & I”
- Kevin Gates- “Me Too”
- Wale- “PTY”
- G-Eazy feat. Charlie Puth – “Sober”
- Cardi B- “Press”,
- G-Eazy feat. Yo Gotti and YBN Nahmir- “1942”
- Halsey for “Without Me,”
- G-Eazy and Cardi B for “No Limit,”
- Cardi B, J. Balvin & Bad Bunny for the Grammy-nominated smash “I Like It,” which he also co-wrote.
“Edd has an intuitive feel for identifying game-changing artists, songs, and entrepreneurs,” said Vaughn. “His ability to build trust and speak the same language with creative’s sets him apart as an A&R executive. In Ed’s unique joint role at Capitol and Virgin, he will be empowered to do what he does best: impact global culture through music.”
“Edd’s skills as a creative executive, combined with his energy and passion for music, completely align with our plans for Virgin Music’s continued growth and evolution,” Jacqueline Saturn added, “From my first meeting with him, I knew we would be working together, and I’m thrilled that he’s now a member of our Virgin team.”
Edgar “Edd Grand,” Machuca said, “I want to thank Jeff Vaughn, Michelle Jubelirer, and Jacqueline Saturn for giving me this unique opportunity to help shape the future of Capitol Records, arguably the most iconic label in music, and Virgin, which is completely reimagining how independent labels and artists can successfully work with a major. I look forward to working with both teams for many years to come.”
Machuca is now based in the Capital Music Group’s Hollywood headquarters within the iconic Capitol Tower.
- Undefeated German Boxer, Musa Askan Yamak, Suffers Heart Attack and Dies During Boxing Match
- MNRK Music Group Announces Three Promotions
- Cumulus Media Taps New Morning Host on Memphis Country Station
- Foul Smell Leads to the Discovery of Missing Elderly Man Stuffed Inside Trash Can Behind His Home
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Audacy and Major League Baseball Explore the Unwritten Rules of America’s Favorite Pastime
- ‘Poopetrator’ Who Defecated on Beauty Store Floor Identified by Police
- 7-year-old Girl Mauled To Death By Dog, Relative Charged With Murder
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Bobby Brown’s Life and Career Since Losing His Two Children (Video)