The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) will honor some of gospel music’s most prestigious names at the 5th annual ascap Presents: Morning Glory breakfast reception in Nashville, TN at The Hutton Hotel on January 18th. The breakfast, which is one of the premiere events leading up to the 29th annual Stellar Wards, will honor Grammy Award-winning artist Edwin Hawkins with the Gospel Icon Award, Tye Tribbett and Warryn Campbell with the newly-established Spirit of Song Award, as well as recognize other 2014 Stellar Awards honorees. Hosted by Pastor Marquis Boon of Fresh Start Church (Duluth, GA), the breakfast will also feature special performances by gospel powerhouse Tasha Cobbs, Grammy-nominated producer Chuck Harmony and recording artist Jonathan McReynolds.“We are so excited to honor an amazing group of artists as part of the Morning Glory breakfast. They have made remarkable achievements in music and have inspired so many,” states Nicole George-Middleton, ascap VP, Rhythm & Soul/Urban. “Artists like Edwin Hawkins, Tye Tribbett and Warryn Campbell have produced a legacy that will live on and continue to shape music.”The Morning Glory breakfast reception is part ofASCAP’s year-long celebration of its 100-year milestone (February 13th, 2014), which consists of a new book, two commissioned short films including a collaborative song and music video, and an innovative website featuring a timeline of ASCAP’s rich history. In addition, celebratory and educational events spanning the country will include a Library of Congress exhibit in both Washington DC and Los Angeles, reflecting ASCAP’s energy and expertise throughout its history advocating for music creators’ rights.
- Recent Releases To Add To Your Playlists This Week (5/13/22)
- Interstate I-240 Shut Down After Memphis Police Car Kills Pedestrian Trying to Cross Road
- 2022 Radio Mercury Awards Finalists Announced
- Deputy Suspended After Nude Photos Of Fellow Female Deputy Found on Work Phone
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Top 10 BEST Black Male Groups From the 90s
- Kevin Samuels Talks about Cancer Diagnosis in College and Changing Career Path (video)