Zuvuya shares new EP Ft. Xander Greene, Michael Travis (The String Cheese Incident)
“Xander is my favorite guitar player. Period. Ever since I first heard him at the Eldo in Crested Butte, Colorado, in ’99 I was amazed at his incredible songs. They seem to come directly from God’s mouth to his fingers. So exciting to finally get them all recorded after 21 years of playing together and multiple recording attempts. Hope you enjoy!” –Michael Travis
“Zuvuya” is a Mayan term for the universal wave of energy that surrounds us all. Understanding Zuvuya gives us an expanded awareness of who we are, connects us with higher levels of consciousness, and restores the memory of the infinite possibilities of our being. Creating this understanding is the purpose of the eclectic instrumental duo called Zuvuya. The collaboration began when Xander Greene and Michael Travis first met in Crested Butte, Colorado in 1999, and realized that they shared a very similar approach to creating music. Both self-taught musicians maintain an almost mystical relationship with improvisational music, using the spontaneous expression to subtly urge change and growth in both themselves and their listeners. Xander and Travis would play together only sporadically over the next few years, as Travis was often on the road with his main musical project, The String Cheese Incident. Today, SCI’s tour schedule lends more time for Travis to explore his many other musical inspirations, including EOTO & Zuvuya.
Travis (drums, bass) and Xander (acoustic guitar, drums) are pleased to present their brand new Zuvuya EP is available today on all major streaming services. Expect a completely improvisational, highly percussive journey that fuses aggressive finger-style guitar and quick dynamic rhythms into a timeless source of expression.
- Bernie Sanders Memes the Funniest Thing to Come Out of the Inauguration
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Official Statement From Michael “Harry-O” Harris’ Camp after Pardon from Trump
- Reactions To Donald Trump Pardoning Lil’ Wayne & Kodak Black
- Anderson Cooper Found Out Amanda Gorman the Person is Even More Amazing than the Poet
- Official Statement: Trump Pardons Death Row Records co-founder Michael “Harry-O” Harris
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Who Was Gene Griffin? See Comments
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Lil Wayne’s Gets Trump Pardon