Radio Facts: Craig Roberts is one of the lucky ones during this week of sadness and hardship in corporate radio: Not only did he get to keep his job, heâ„¢s starting full-bore on a second job Monday.
Roberts escaped the Grim Reaper that claimed more than 1,800 jobs nationwide, including a reported 42 to 50 in Houston, at Clear Channel radio stations and other company divisions. He remains as the morning drive co-host with Brad Davies of The Menâ„¢s Room on KBME (790 AM), but the two will soldier on without their sidekick Maggie, whose job was eliminated.
Roberts also will return to nightly television duties Monday when his weekly show Sports Off Center expand s to weeknights at 10 p.m. on KTBU (Channel 55). Mike Vance, Stacie Lynn and Dave Knobler remain as his primary counterparts in the humor-based look at sports and other topics.
Å“We think people will enjoy the show, said Channel 55 station manager Matt Reiff. Å“Weâ„¢re kind of riffing off Soup on E and The Daily Show. If at 10 p.m. youâ„¢re bored with whatâ„¢s going on in the world and donâ„¢t want to watch car wrecks and hear about the economy, you can come to us for a little levity.
Roberts said the cast will do the show live to tape, working four days in the Channel 55 studio and one day at a remote site.
TV-Radio Notebook: Roberts retains radio job, gets TV gig | Sports | Chron.com – Houston Chronicle.
- 10 Smash Hip Hop and R&B Songs from the 90s That Still Keep The Party Going
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?