Radio Facts: Craig Roberts is one of the lucky ones during this week of sadness and hardship in corporate radio: Not only did he get to keep his job, heâ„¢s starting full-bore on a second job Monday.
Roberts escaped the Grim Reaper that claimed more than 1,800 jobs nationwide, including a reported 42 to 50 in Houston, at Clear Channel radio stations and other company divisions. He remains as the morning drive co-host with Brad Davies of The Menâ„¢s Room on KBME (790 AM), but the two will soldier on without their sidekick Maggie, whose job was eliminated.
Roberts also will return to nightly television duties Monday when his weekly show Sports Off Center expand s to weeknights at 10 p.m. on KTBU (Channel 55). Mike Vance, Stacie Lynn and Dave Knobler remain as his primary counterparts in the humor-based look at sports and other topics.
Å“We think people will enjoy the show, said Channel 55 station manager Matt Reiff. Å“Weâ„¢re kind of riffing off Soup on E and The Daily Show. If at 10 p.m. youâ„¢re bored with whatâ„¢s going on in the world and donâ„¢t want to watch car wrecks and hear about the economy, you can come to us for a little levity.
Roberts said the cast will do the show live to tape, working four days in the Channel 55 studio and one day at a remote site.
TV-Radio Notebook: Roberts retains radio job, gets TV gig | Sports | Chron.com – Houston Chronicle.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast