iHeartMedia Los Angeles’s 104.3 MYFM announced today that top-rated morning personality, and host of the “Valentine in the Morning”, Valentine, has signed a new multi-year deal with iHeartMedia to continue hosting the show.
Valentine started his radio career at the age of 15 in his hometown of Connecticut as an intern at a local radio station. He later spent time as a Police Officer in Connecticut but knew radio was his true calling. Since 1996, Valentine has been a steady and recognizable voice on LA radio, where he started at the legendary 102.7 KIIS FM as the night personality and was later promoted to afternoon drive.
In 2007 he moved to iHeartMedia’s sister station, 104.3 MYFM, and launched the “Valentine in the Morning” show on the station. Since then, the “Valentine in the Morning” show has maintained its place as one of iHeart’s most consistent ratings powerhouses, and one of LA’s mainstay personalities.
Outside of radio, Valentine’s life is about his wife and son. He is proud to be from a military family and is an avid supporter of the United Service Organizations (USO) at home and abroad. In addition, Valentine continues to work in various capacities in support of Children’s Hospital of L.A., Susan G. Komen, SOS Ministries, the Girl Scouts, and Val’s Pals.
“MYFM and Valentine are synonymous- he is a true pro who is the cornerstone of MYFM and I am thrilled that he’ll continue to host the morning show for many more years,” said John Peake, SVP of Programming for iHeartMedia Los Angeles, and Program Director for 104.3 MYFM. “Each day thousands of SoCal listeners wake up to a fun, energetic and authentic show where they learn, laugh, shed a tear and never get bored. I am thrilled to have Valentine continue to anchor the MYFM morning show.
“After 25 years in LA with iHeartMedia, I am still pumped to come to work every day and make that special connection with the audience,” said Valentine. “The entire “Valentine in the Morning” team (Jillian, Brian, Jon, Valerie and I) are super excited about the honor of being a part of our listeners’ daily lives now for the next several years. We’re truly a family, and we can’t wait to see what happens next. Thank you to John Peake and everyone at iHeartMedia.”
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- SUNDAY READ: Running a Business Lessons I Wish I’d Known Earlier