Today TIDAL announced, on Sunday, May 10, 2015, it will live stream audio from Prince & 3RDEYEGIRL's Mother's Day Rally 4 Peace benefit concert, pre-pay wall, during its TIDAL X: Baltimore event. TIDAL will be the exclusive destination to hear this historic live concert. Following a month of unrest, the Rally 4 Peace is meant to be a catalyst for pause and reflection following the outpouring of violence that has gripped Baltimore and areas throughout the US. Details surfaced last week about a protest song titled “Baltimore” Prince recently recorded in response to the civil unrest. The song was written following the death of 25-year old Freddie Gray and is a tribute to all of the people of Baltimore.
The live stream will provide an opportunity for all people globally to experience the music and participate in a cultural moment that can inspire, motivate and provoke changes in our current climate. TIDAL's work to build a creative artist space made it appealing to the global superstar who has always supported a visionary approach.
“TIDAL has the ability to create experiences that bring people together,” said Vania Schlogel, Senior Executive for TIDAL. “We are privileged to partner with Prince so that people everywhere can share in this moment for healing and unity to support Baltimore youth through the power of music. Our dream is to be able to provide a limitless platform for all artists.”
“I am honored to join Prince in his mission to inspire through the uniting power of music and be able to offer a platform where this moment can be shared globally. We invite all to experience the music and contribute in their own way to promote peace, tolerance and understanding,” added JAY Z. “Our prayers go out to Freddie Gray's family and every family affected by brutality and senseless violence.”
Fans and supporters can listen to TIDAL X: Baltimore by going to www.TIDAL.com. Alongside the free 60min audio stream, TIDAL's homepage will feature a “match funds” donation button to support local Baltimore youth charities. TIDAL is also providing the opportunity to support and donate to The Baltimore Justice Fund, whose mission it is to end racial discrimination, create schools that are welcoming and safe, reduce the impact of drug addiction and eliminate police brutality in Baltimore. All can donate at www.osi-baltimore.org.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison
- Fayetteville State University and Meharry Medical College Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Address Medical and Dental Needs in State