The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discussed R Kelly’s prison sentence. R Kelly has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after he was convicted of sex trafficking and racketeering charges. According to TMZ, Kelly faces a maximum sentence of life in prison while prosecutors asked for at least 25.
Judge Ann Donnelly told Kelly before his sentencing, “these victims were disposable to you. You left in your wake of a trail of broken lives. You taught them that love was enslavement and violence and humiliation.”
At the sentencing, Kelly, who wore black glasses and a khaki shirt, did not react. A few women made victim impact statements before the sentence was rendered. A woman identified as Angela said she was sexually assaulted by Kelly when she was a teenager calling him a Pied Piper who lured children with fame. She added that “with every addiction of a new victim, you grew in wickedness. You used your fame and power to groom and coach underage boys and girls for your own sexual gratification.”
Lizette Martinez, who was in surviving R Kelly docu-series, said, “Robert, you have destroyed so many people’s lives.”
Kelly’s attorneys are expecting to appeal. The sentencing also comes with a fine of $100,000.
The worst part about Kelly’s situation is that he has two more trials. One in the state of Illinois and the other someplace else, said Rickey Smiley. He is serving federal time, meaning he will do about 85% of his prison sentence.
Smiley said they would expedite Kelly to another state for his other trials. If given prison time for those trials, it could run consecutively or concurrently either way; the morning show did not think Kelly would ever get out of prison; if he does, he will be old.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Terrance Dean, Author of “Hiding in Hip Hop” has Died
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)
- Steve Harvey Says R Kelly’s Situation is a “Tragedy On All Levels” (VIDEO)
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Young Boy Dies After Nebraska Experiences Its First Ever Case of Brain Eating Bacteria
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)