Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Live Nation Entertainment announced the Live Nation Music Awards, a new television event honoring the best live musical performances of the year. Set to be simulcast on TNT and TBS on Oct. 1, 2015, the star-studded ceremony will be produced by Live Nation Entertainment in collaboration with IMG and dick clark productions.
The Live Nation Music Awards will connect fans with their favorite artists in an unprecedented way, bringing viewers into the spontaneous, electric atmosphere that makes live music so exciting. The show will honor the year's most memorable performances in categories as varied as “Live Performance of the Year,” “Best On-Stage Collaboration,” “Road Warrior of the Year,” and “Best Special Effects in a Festival.” It will also feature unique, never-before-seen collaborations and special appearances.
The Live Nation Music Awards will be executive-produced by Michael Rapino, Live Nation Entertainment's president and CEO; Mark Shapiro, IMG's Chief Content Officer; Allen Shapiro (So You Think You Can Dance, Golden Globe Awards), dick clark productions' CEO; and Michael Mahan, dick clark productions' president.
“With all the honors given to recorded music, it's great to finally see awards created for live performances,” said David Eilenberg, senior vice president of unscripted series, specials and late night for TBS and TNT. “We're proud to be joining forces with Live Nation, IMG, and dick clark productions to break new ground and honor the most exciting live musical performances of the year.”
“Live Nation is dedicated to bringing artists and fans together for life-long memories and we are honored to take part in recognizing the talent who bring those experiences to life,” said Michael Rapino.
“In the last few years, we've seen incredible innovation and investment in live music,” said Mark Shapiro. “Music permeates all aspects of entertainment, and fans are ready to celebrate all that the industry is doing around the world to push the envelope and create unique experiences. We're excited to be teaming up with Live Nation and dick clark productions to honor artists in a fresh, new way.”
“Touring is by far one of the most powerful platforms for artists to connect with their fans,” said Allen Shapiro. “I'm excited to launch a new franchise with Live Nation and IMG.”
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…