Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Live Nation Entertainment announced the Live Nation Music Awards, a new television event honoring the best live musical performances of the year. Set to be simulcast on TNT and TBS on Oct. 1, 2015, the star-studded ceremony will be produced by Live Nation Entertainment in collaboration with IMG and dick clark productions.
The Live Nation Music Awards will connect fans with their favorite artists in an unprecedented way, bringing viewers into the spontaneous, electric atmosphere that makes live music so exciting. The show will honor the year’s most memorable performances in categories as varied as “Live Performance of the Year,” “Best On-Stage Collaboration,” “Road Warrior of the Year,” and “Best Special Effects in a Festival.” It will also feature unique, never-before-seen collaborations and special appearances.
The Live Nation Music Awards will be executive-produced by Michael Rapino, Live Nation Entertainment’s president and CEO; Mark Shapiro, IMG’s Chief Content Officer; Allen Shapiro (So You Think You Can Dance, Golden Globe Awards), dick clark productions’ CEO; and Michael Mahan, dick clark productions’ president.
“With all the honors given to recorded music, it’s great to finally see awards created for live performances,” said David Eilenberg, senior vice president of unscripted series, specials and late night for TBS and TNT. “We’re proud to be joining forces with Live Nation, IMG, and dick clark productions to break new ground and honor the most exciting live musical performances of the year.”
“Live Nation is dedicated to bringing artists and fans together for life-long memories and we are honored to take part in recognizing the talent who bring those experiences to life,” said Michael Rapino.
“In the last few years, we’ve seen incredible innovation and investment in live music,” said Mark Shapiro. “Music permeates all aspects of entertainment, and fans are ready to celebrate all that the industry is doing around the world to push the envelope and create unique experiences. We’re excited to be teaming up with Live Nation and dick clark productions to honor artists in a fresh, new way.”
“Touring is by far one of the most powerful platforms for artists to connect with their fans,” said Allen Shapiro. “I’m excited to launch a new franchise with Live Nation and IMG.”
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,