Radio Facts: Radio Facts: The First Family will officially light the National Christmas Tree during the 2015 National Christmas Tree Lighting, presented by the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America's national parks.
Hosted by Academy Award-winner Reese Witherspoon, this year's National Christmas Tree Lighting features a talented line-up of performers. Two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Famers David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Graham Nash; multi-platinum selling artists Fall Out Boy; retro-pop-soul singer Andra Day; Grammy-nominated singer Aloe Blacc; Bellamy Young; chart-topping singer/songwriter Kelsea Ballerini; multi-instrumentalist Tori Kelly; musician, producer, and philanthropist Trombone Shorty; the Joyous String Ensemble; and the United States Coast Guard Band will perform a collection of holiday favorites. Miss Piggy will make a special appearance and do a reading with First Lady Michelle Obama.
Keep up with the National Christmas Tree on Twitter at @TheNationalTree and follow #NCTL2015 on social media for more information about the event and its history.
This year's kick-off to the holiday season in our nation's capital marks the 93rd annual National Christmas Tree Lighting and will be held today, December 3, 2015, on the Ellipse at President's Park (White House). The ceremony will kick off the holiday season in our nation's capital and can be viewed online LIVE at www.thenationaltree.org beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET with the exclusive National Christmas Tree Lighting pre-show. The event can be seen on public television throughout the month of December. For broadcast times, check local listings or the National Christmas Tree Lighting website.
An American holiday tradition started by President Calvin Coolidge in 1923, the National Christmas Tree Lighting is a great example of the countless ways there are to #FindYourPark. Launched in March 2015, Find Your Park/Encuentra Tu Parque is a public awareness and education movement to inspire people from all backgrounds to connect with, celebrate, and support America's national parks and community-based programs. Celebrating the National Park Service Centennial and setting the stage for the Service's next 100 years, #FindYourPark invites people to discover and share their own unique connections to our nation's natural landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history.
A special thanks to GE Lighting, Amtrak, Christmas Northeast, Inc., Guest Services, Inc., Hargrove Inc., Hudler Carolina Tree Farms, Loews Madison, Southwest Airlines®, and Washington Marriott at Metro Center for their generous support of the 2015 National Christmas Tree Lighting.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show