Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
Last night, music industry elite came out to celebrate DJ Rhetorik, as he took home the $10,000 cash prize from the 2015 McDonald’s® Flavor Battle DJ Competition. The New York native put forth his best skills to beat out DJ Soundwave of Los Angeles and DJ Lani Love of Chicago at Orbit Nightclub during Global Spin Awards weekend in New York City.
Legendary DJ and producer, Clark Kent, served as this year’s Flavor Battle finale host while celebrity judges DJ Skribble, DJ Shiftee, DJ Jazzy Joyce and the 2014 Flavor Battle champion, DJ R-Tistic evaluated each of the finalists’ mixing styles, performance appeal and technique to determine who would be worthy of the grand title. Radio host and entertainment personality, Angela Yee, served as the social media correspondent providing live updates on each of the performance sets.
“Winning this year’s McDonald’s Flavor Battle competition is a huge accomplishment for me,” said DJ Rhetorik. “Honestly, all of the DJs were great, and I’m extremely humbled to even be considered for the opportunity.”
In its sixth year, the competition brought out some of the biggest up-and-coming DJs in the industry with 12 DJs hand-picked by McDonald’s and Complex Media vying for the chance to win the grand prize. Over the course of three weeks, three DJs – one from the West Coast, East Coast and Midwest regions – won over the stylistic preferences of online voters and fans of the art form with creative mixes that helped them advance through three rounds of voting on flavorbattle.com. Spinning on the 1s and 2s, the final three competed, putting forth their best craveable flavor, and were extremely active on social media encouraging their networks to participate in the voting process using the hashtag #365FlavorBattle.
“The excitement surrounding the 2015 McDonald’s Flavor Battle competition was solid and engaging,” said William Rhodes, McDonald’s U.S. marketing director. “Cognizant of hip-hop resonating deeply among our Millennial audience, McDonald’s celebrates this art form and recognizes the importance of such a program. We are proud to offer the Flavor Battle as a platform for rising DJs to showcase their skills on a national stage.”
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)