Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Nicki Minaj killed the charts last year with her song “Starships.” Allegedly the credit should be going to someone else according to a lawsuit that was filed in Chicago by independent artist, Clive Tanaka. Obviously we don't know if there is any truth to his claim but the lawsuit has been filed.
Tanaka has filed the lawsuit under the name of his company, Tanaka Light Industries USA. He is accusing the Nicki of stealing from his 2011 song “Neu Chicago” to create the hook for Starships.
In a copyright infringement suit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Chicago, Tanaka said Nicki Minaj and the producers of the song “Starships” stole significant portions of his song.
- Fight Breaks out at Gospel Radio Station
- Roland S. Martin Joins Black Information Network
- National Museum of African American Music Announces the Appointment of Its Music Industry Relations Committee
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Soul Train Creator Don Cornelius’ Funeral Program
- 2020 BMI Pop Awards Publisher of the Year Goes to Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- National Museum of African American Music Appoints All-Star Music Industry Relations Committee