WASHINGTON, DC — The NAB Radio Show will include an interactive session featuring top-level radio executives who will share their insight about the radio business. Held Thursday, September 24 at 7:30 a.m., the Group Executives Super Session Breakfast will allow attendees to participate in a cand id discussion about the future of radio. During the session, executives will provide their perspective on the issues facing radio today.Panelists include:Frank Flores is the chief revenue officer for Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS). Prior to joining SBS, Flores worked for 20-plus years at Infinity Broadcasting, where he served in various capacities, including positions as Radio Station manager and general sales manager.George Laughlin launched GAP Broadcasting in 2007 and serves as the companies president, overseeing 60 Radio Stations in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Prior to launching GAP, Laughlin served as the general manager for several Radio One Radio Stations in Dallas. Mark Mays is the chief executive officer of Clear Channel Communications. Prior to becoming CEO in 2004, Mays held several positions at Clear Channel, including vice president and treasurer, senior vice president of operations, and later president and COO. Mays has served on the NAB Radio Board of Directors and is a founding member of the HD Digital Radio Alliance.Bill Stakelin is president and CEO of Regent Communications. He began his radio career with Bluegrass Broadcasting, eventually becoming the company’s executive vice president and COO. He later co-founded Apollo Radio, which merged with Regent Communications in 1994. Stakelin has served as chairman of both the NAB Radio Board and NAB Joint Board of Directors and is the former president of the Radio Advertising Bureau. He was the 1999 recipient of the NAB National Radio Award. Charles Warfield has been president and COO of ICBC Broadcast Holdings since 2000. During his 31-year radio career, Warfield has overseen an array of Radio Stations in executive-level positions with ICBC, Summit Broadcasting Corporation and Chancellor Media Corporation. Warfield currently serves on the Radio Advertising Bureau Executive Committee and is chairman of the NAB Radio Board of Directors.David Kennedy (moderator) is the chief executive officer of FlyCast, a three-year-old radio streaming company. Prior to taking the helm at FlyCast, Kennedy served as the chief executive officer of Susquehanna Radio Corp. and of Interep National Radio Sales. Kennedy has served as joint board chairman for the NAB Board of Directors and was the 2006 recipient of the NAB National Radio Award.
- Urban One Honors 2022 Tonight
- General Charles McGee, Who Helped Pioneer the all-Black Tuskegee Airmen has Died At 102.
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- Radio PD Kris Kelly Found Dead, Industry Condolences
- 2 Florida Women Possibly Face Life in Prison After Alleged Glitter Assault
- 57th Anniversary of Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case, Still Needs Further Exploration