Filed Under: Great Legal Team
If Makeda wins this case, the labels better start turning all rappers into nuns and priests. This will open a whole new can of worms in civil suits for rap music taking the blame for violence….
The shooting victim in the case that sent Remy Ma to prison has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the rapper, Universal Music Group, Sure Shot Recordings, and The Pizza Bar – New York City nightspot where Makeda Barnes-Joseph and the entertainer were partying before the incident.
According to XXLmag.com, the suit claims UMG and Sure Shot created and marketed an image for Remy Ma that promotes her as “anti-social, violent, physically aggressive and intimidating, anti-authoritarian, confrontational, disrespectful and at times, being engaged in criminal and illegal conduct without regard to the consequences thereof to said personae and to the general public and specifically, to [Barnes-Joseph].”
Barnes-Joseph's suit alleges employees of The Pizza Bar served alcoholic beverages to Remy Ma although she was “visibly intoxicated” and contributed to the rappers violent behavior. Barnes-Joseph is seeking up to $10 million for pain and suffering.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison