Filed Under: Great Legal Team
If Makeda wins this case, the labels better start turning all rappers into nuns and priests. This will open a whole new can of worms in civil suits for rap music taking the blame for violence….
The shooting victim in the case that sent Remy Ma to prison has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the rapper, Universal Music Group, Sure Shot Recordings, and The Pizza Bar – New York City nightspot where Makeda Barnes-Joseph and the entertainer were partying before the incident.
According to XXLmag.com, the suit claims UMG and Sure Shot created and marketed an image for Remy Ma that promotes her as “anti-social, violent, physically aggressive and intimidating, anti-authoritarian, confrontational, disrespectful and at times, being engaged in criminal and illegal conduct without regard to the consequences thereof to said personae and to the general public and specifically, to [Barnes-Joseph].”
Barnes-Joseph’s suit alleges employees of The Pizza Bar served alcoholic beverages to Remy Ma although she was “visibly intoxicated” and contributed to the rappers violent behavior. Barnes-Joseph is seeking up to $10 million for pain and suffering.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- CBS STUDIOS/NAACP VENTURE AND THE BLACK LIST PARTNER TO IDENTIFY TELEVISION WRITERS TELLING BLACK STORIES
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses Deshaun Watson Apologizing for His Misconduct During Massage Sessions: “I Want to Keep Pushing Forward” (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Anne Heche’s Unusual Death (VIDEO)
- Woman Testifies Attorney Offered her up to 200k to Lie on Trey Songz in Sexual Assault Case
- KANE BROWN EARNS WORLDWIDE #1 WITH “LIKE I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC”
- Another Man Killed in Chicago Hit and Run, Suspect Arrested (video)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- 3 Memphis Hospital Shooting Victims Detained in Connection to Stolen Vehicle
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)