SKIP MARLEY & H.E.R RELEASES NEW SINGLE “SLOW DOWN”
Skip Marley, the Island Records reggae prodigy, releases the duet you didn’t know you needed, a new single titled “Slow Down” with two-time 2019 Grammy© Award-winning artist H.E.R. via Tuff Gong/Island Records. As the ‘Island 60’ anniversary celebration gains momentum, Skip carries on as the newest rising star in the family tradition of his grandfather, music legend Bob Marley, a foundational icon in the reggae, roots rock, soul, and hip-hop saga of Island Records.
The amazing chemistry between Skip and H.E.R. was on full display, when they performed “Slow Down” live for the first time, stopping the show at H.E.R and Lauryn Hill’s historic Hollywood Bowl concert last month. Today’s release of “Slow Down” is a much-needed breath of fresh air from Skip and H.E.R. as Skip gears up for the release of his much-anticipated forthcoming project.
Earlier this year, Skip issued “That’s Not True,” a collaboration featuring Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley (his uncle). They performed the track together at Kaya Fest in Miami, where the VIDEO was shot. Skip’s follow up, “Can’t Take it From Me” featuring Major Lazer was first performed live onstage at New York’s Governors Ball fest this summer. Along with “Enemy,” which was also released earlier this year, Skip earned critical acclaim from Rolling Stone, Fader, Hypebeast, Vibe, and others. Last month, he also released “Call Me Human,” the buzzed about track with French Montana from the hit EPIX original series Godfather of Harlem soundtrack.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- The Sad Story of Robert Johnson