Most SharesRadio and Music Industry News

RIP Legendary DJ Tommie Allen

Radio Facts is sad to report that industry vet Tommie Allen died over the weekend. He was 57. Allen was a mix legend who is most famous for his work at WBLS and Hot 97 in NYC. We talked to his manager this morning who told us that he had retired from the industry even though he was still doing a few events and he was working in the education system and mentoring kids. We will keep you posted on arrangements. Tributes have been posted to his FaceBook page and YouTube below.

Red Bull Music Academy Taps Just Blaze and More for Docuseries

VH1’s New Documentary Series “The Tanning of America” Looks at the Dominant Force of Hip-Hop

The African American Film Critics Association Welcomes Charlamagne Tha God and Alesha Reneé as Hosts of the 13th AAFCA Awards

Chance the Rapper Talks Doing it All without a Deal with Power 106

Radio Veteran Shawn Knight Joins Cumulus Topeka as Host of Mornings on Majic 107.7/KMAJ-FM

Shaq Proves He can Dominate More Than the Court with New Podcast

CASH MONEY RECORDS TO HOST 23rd ANNUAL TURKEY GIVEAWAY IN NEW ORLEANS TUESDAY NOVEMBER 26th!

Cumulus San Francisco Names New Co-Host of Afternoons With Tom Tolbert

DO NOT LAUGH!!! Man “sings” O-mazing Grace (vid)

E February 10, 2020 at 1:01 pm

I send my condolences and prayers to his family and close friends. He was such a nice guy and a hell of a DJ . I been to a lot of events he played at and he always had the crowd rocking, from R&B, ole school rap, to ole school house music, it was always a good time when Tommie played. He will surely be missed.

E H February 10, 2020 at 1:03 pm

manuel ramos February 10, 2020 at 2:29 pm

God bless you tommy Allen. You always bought the heat with the Music. RIP

Anonymous February 11, 2020 at 8:55 am

Went to college w/Tommie Allen. we had good times. he’s a good brother who will be missed. Time flies. Condolences to his family and friends. may God’s grace be a sustaining fore during your time of grief. Peace and blessings to him family and friwnds.

Breezy B February 11, 2020 at 11:31 am

My deepest sympathy to the Allen family he was a great Dj as well as Basketball Coach for the Canarsie HS Basketball team. You’ll definitely be missed.??

Shelley Richburg February 11, 2020 at 12:00 pm

This hurts as if he was a family member! I’ve been rocking with TA the DJ since Old Westbury Days!! When he would Go-live on Facebook and acknowledge each and every ‘HELLO’!! That’s how personable Tommie was!
My prayers to the family and May God rest his Soul!! Rest in Paradise Tommie – Keepem’ rockin’ ?

Anonymous February 11, 2020 at 6:59 pm

2017 Tommie Allen revived me with the mix!

Cynthia Sowell February 25, 2020 at 10:17 pm

I was in a meeting when I heard… and I couldn’t focus any more. I was going to ask him to play at my retirement party. He was the ONLY DJ I considered worthy to be called a DJ . Talk about a Grand Master. Wowww … I have no idea what to do know.