When it rains… it pours.. R Kelly encounters more problems as his longtime publicist Regina Daniels, wife if industry legend, Chicago retailer George Daniels. Regina officially calls it quits. Her reason, while vauge would certainly be of interest to prosecuters trying to indict the musical genious on child pornography charges. We’ll watch the story unfold…
Below is a statement from Daniels.
“Friends and Colleagues â€“ After careful consideration and counsel, I have decided to formally announce my resignation as publicist for R&B artist R. Kelly.
My resignation was effective as of August 28, 2007. Throughout the course of my 25 years as a publicist, I have prided myself on loyalty, respect and professionalism. It saddens me that I was not always shown those same courtesies during my 14 year tenure as Mr. Kellyâ€™s publicist.â€œ
Though I have a great appreciation for Mr. Kelly as an artist, there are some lines that should never be crossed professionally or personally. Mr. Kelly crossed a line that forever altered the scope of our relationship. For this reason I made the decision to resign.
My husband, music retailer George Daniels, has also disassociated himself from Mr. Kelly. George and I are grateful for the show of support and encouragement that we have already received from many of you. We want you to know that we thank you, sincerely. Without change, progress is impossible.
Keeping that in mind, I am excited to tell you that my agency, Daniels Entertainment Group, has an incredible year of expansion and success planned for 2008. Be on the lookout for an update in the near future!â€
- Terrance Dean, Author of “Hiding in Hip Hop” has Died
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses Cardi B’s Secret to Beautiful Hair (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questioned if Children of Movie Stars Should Automatically Get a Role in Their Parent’s Film (VIDEO)
- Two Men Found Days Apart Shot to Death in the Middle of the Road in Atlanta
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses the Film ‘Aftershock’ and the “Traumatic” Reality of Black Women Dying in Childbirth (VIDEO)
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday