OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has renewed its acclaimed original drama series, “Greenleaf,” from Lionsgate, award-winning writer/producer Craig Wright (“Lost,” “Six Feet Under”) and executive producers Clement Virgo (“The Book of Negros”) and Oprah Winfrey (“Selma”) for a third season. Additionally, Rick Fox, who portrays journalist Darius Nash, has been upped to a series regular for the new season. Previously announced, the second half of season two will return with a two-night premiere on Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday, August 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT and will regularly air Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT. “We can’t wait to see what another season of ‘Greenleaf’ will bring,” said Erik Logan, President, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
“This series was instrumental in evolving OWN’s scripted programming and it continues to pull in viewers each week with its unique storytelling and characters.” “We’re excited to extend our relationship with Oprah Winfrey and the OWN team for a third season of the hit series ‘Greenleaf,’” said Lionsgate Executive Vice President & Head of Worldwide Scripted Television Chris Selak.
“The combination of a brilliant creator, an incredibly talented cast and inspirational music have positioned ‘Greenleaf’ for a long run, and we can hardly wait to see where the third season takes us.”
Year to date, “Greenleaf” is the #5 original scripted series on ad-supported cable in W25-54 in Live+3. It is Wednesday night’s #2 original scripted cable series for W25-54 and one of the Top 4 original scripted cable series for African-American women and total viewers. The series is averaging over 2 million total viewers in Live+3.
- Undefeated German Boxer, Musa Askan Yamak, Suffers Heart Attack and Dies During Boxing Match
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Bobby Brown’s Life and Career Since Losing His Two Children (Video)
- MNRK Music Group Announces Three Promotions
- Cumulus Media Taps New Morning Host on Memphis Country Station
- Foul Smell Leads to the Discovery of Missing Elderly Man Stuffed Inside Trash Can Behind His Home
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Audacy and Major League Baseball Explore the Unwritten Rules of America’s Favorite Pastime
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 7-year-old Girl Mauled To Death By Dog, Relative Charged With Murder
- ‘Poopetrator’ Who Defecated on Beauty Store Floor Identified by Police