After graduating from Texas Southern University with her Bachelor of Science in Health Administration last week, Megan Thee Stallion has been presented the 18th congressional district of Texas ‘Hero Award’ on Sunday in Houston.
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee stated that recipients must ‘exhibit humanity’ and have ‘helped without asking.’ “This award has not been given out too often, or to many. That is why it remains a special part in our congressional district. The district has almost 1 million people. When this award is given, it has the special promise and special history,” Congresswoman Lee said.
During Megan’s speech, she dedicated her award to her grandmother. She stated that her grandmother and mother both inspired her to finish her bachelor’s degree, but most of all her grandmother taught her to be the woman she is today. “I’m so honored,” Megan said. It is my responsibility to take care of the city that took care of me. My grandma always taught me to be kind and giving. I learned that from her.” Megan continued to speak about how she was raised by ‘very giving women’ which resulted in her being a giving person as well.
Last year during an ABC Interview, Megan stated that she planned to open an assisted living facility when she graduates. “I watched my grandmother take care of my great-grandmother all my life,” Megan said. “Just watching these two little old ladies take care of each other, I was like, ‘Y’all need some help.'” Megan followed up on that statement earlier this year when a Twitter follower tried to discredit her “I can’t believe she was gonna end up in the health field; thank god she chose rapping.” the follower said. Megan responded stating that she would be graduating this fall semester and still plans to open her facility.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Nearly A Dozen Homes Deemed Uninhabitable After a Fiery Explosion Rocks Indiana Town, Killing 3