Originally posted April 11, 2016 – Radio Facts: Radio Facts is sorry to report that industry vet and syndicated host Doug Banks has died. Banks suffered for many years with Diabetes. We will keep you posted on services.
Rick Party stated the following as a tribute to Doug:
“Give people their flowers while they’re still alive.
Doug Banks (RIP) was truly one absolute best ever!
I can’t even fathom the thought that one of my mentors and great friends, Doug Banks (Red Shorts), has passed on.
I had the pleasure of first meeting Doug over 30 years ago before I started radio, I was just a teenager riding my bicycle as a messenger in the city of Chicago. I was riding along Chicago Avenue and State St and I saw Doug Banks, Shirley Strawberry and Jerry “The Curlman” Cook grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. I said, “hey your Doug Banks,” and he said yes what’s your name? I introduced myself and told him that I would love to be a radio personality one day. My mom immediately enrolled me into Columbia School of Broadcasting and I became a radio professional.
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out