iHeartMedia New York’s top-rated “Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” is celebrating 25 years on Z100 New York. The Radio Station started the celebration this morning with former cast members joining the show and well wishes from celebrities including Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons and Lizzo.
The show began on the legendary Z100 New York in 1996 and in 2006 started syndication at iHeartMedia Miami’s WHYI-FM. “Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” can now be heard in more than 70 markets across the country and is syndicated nationally by Premiere Networks. Additionally, in October 2020, the show gained its first International affiliate, CIRR-FM in Toronto, Ontario, which carries a format oriented towards the LGBTQ community.
“Elvis Duran and the Morning Show” has celebrated several career boasts including “Best Morning Show” by New York’s Achievement in Radio Awards, The National Association of Broadcasters nominated EDMS for the NAB Marconi Award for “Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year,” and in 2015, Duran was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame. In addition, Duran received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2017. The legendary morning show consistently ranks number one among women 18-49 in New York and has more than 5.2 million monthly listeners.
“Congratulations to Elvis, Danielle and the entire crew,” said Mark Medina, Program Director for Z100. “This is a tremendous achievement, especially considering the size of the stage they perform on every morning.”
“To do what we do every day is a thrill,” said Duran. “For us to experience it together for 25 years has been an incredible gift. Some of our family members stopped off for a while and a few of us have been together since day one. But we all share a bond that no one else will ever understand. And that will always belong to us.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the New York market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast Radio Station s; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with more than 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- Police Chief Resigns After Study Finds Half of Town’s Revenue Come from Speed Trap
- 1 year old California Baby Dies After Being Diagnosed With COVID: Case Rate In Children Reaches New Records
- Audacy Names New Brand Manager
- Industry Vet Hollywood Hernandez has Died
- Pittsburgh Bridge Collapses Injuring 10 Just Hours Before Biden Is Scheduled To Visit And Discuss Infrastructure
- Rushion McDonald’s Money Making Conversations Guide to Success, Free Guide (link)
- Maryland Mayor Found Dead from Apparent Suicide
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Journalist Attacked In Mexico After Three Others Were Killed This Month: More Than 90% of Murders Of Journalists Remain Unresolved
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks