iHeartMedia Denver announced today that veteran sports broadcaster Jerry Schemmel has returned to the KOA Colorado Rockies Radio Network, effective immediately. Schemmel shares play-by-play and color analyst duties with Jack Corrigan for all 162 Colorado Rockies games and returns to KOA for his eleventh season following a two-year hiatus.
“I am elated to be coming back to the KOA Colorado Rockies Radio Network booth,” said Schemmel. “I couldn’t be happier to be working with Jack Corrigan and Producer, Jesse Thomas. I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves and get back at it.”
“We are delighted to welcome Jerry back to KOA’s Colorado Rockies broadcasts,” said Brenda Egger, President of iHeartMedia’s Denver Region. “Jerry’s voice is synonymous with sports in Colorado, and it’s an honor to have him call Rockies’ games alongside Jack Corrigan.”
Schemmel is one of the most-recognizable voices in Colorado broadcasting. In addition to the Colorado Rockies, Schemmel has spent 18-years as the play-by-play announcer of the Denver Nuggets. And most recently, he has served as the radio voice for the University of Northern Colorado Football and Basketball. Schemmel also hosts and produces “Amazing Americans,” a nationally-syndicated weekend radio show.
KOA has been the radio rightsholder and flagship station of the Colorado Rockies since the team’s inception in 1993. Game broadcasts air on KOA 850 AM and 94.1 FM and stream live on the iHeartRadio app within the Denver metropolitan area. Outside of Denver, KOA’s Colorado Rockies broadcasts air on a network of over 40 radio stations across the Western United States.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Denver market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Discusses if Chris Brown is ‘Better’ Than Michael Jackson (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why Lil Nas X is Upset With BET (VIDEO)
- The Breakfast Club Discussed the Outcome of Suge Knight’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit (VIDEO)
- Roland Martin Discusses The Virtual HBCU Experience ‘HBCUv’ with United Negro College Fund (VIDEO)
- Crystal Jones Comes Clean About TLC Exit (video)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Ebro in the Morning Interviewed Lupe Fiasco About His New Album, Owning His Masters and More (VIDEO)
- Top 10 BEST Black Male R&B Groups From the 90s