Radio Facts: Radio Facts: I was talking to a good friend that lives in the state of Wisconsin and she shared some alarming news with me that I felt more people need to know about. According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress test, which serves as the universal barometer that compares one state with another, the state of Wisconsin does not fair well for Black folks. Here are four reasons that Black people might want to keep going and not get stuck living in Wisconsin. Of course you can’t blame the state for all the issues but this doesn’t look good at all.
(CLICK NEXT FOR TOP 4 REASONS)
4. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL
Wisconsin has the worst record in the nation for teaching black students to read.
3. GAP CONTROL
Wisconsin has the widest gap of any state in the country between black and white students. The widest gap of all the states. They beat Oklahoma by a pretty good margin. Oklahoma has the second biggest gap.
2. THE FINAL FOUR
There are four tests given, fourth grade reading and math and eighth grade reading and math. Wisconsin has the biggest achievement gap in all four.
1. LOCKED UP
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show