The iHeartPodcast Network will produce companion podcasts for HBO Max original and legacy show content
Radio Facts: iHeartRadio, the No. 1 commercial podcast publisher globally, and WarnerMedia Entertainment, the WarnerMedia business unit that includes HBO, HBO Max, TNT, TBS, truTV, Rooster Teeth and Crunchyroll, today announced a partnership to co-produce a slate of companion podcasts for HBO Max’s upcoming catalog of original and legacy shows.
The first podcasts to debut will include companion podcasts for the comedy thriller series “Search Party,” created by Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers and Michael Showalter, and sci-fi drama “Raised by Wolves,” directed and executive produced by Ridley Scott. These podcasts, along with the entire slate of co-produced companion podcasts, will be available on HBO Max, iHeartRadio and everywhere podcasts are heard.
The new slate of companion podcasts will play as standalone productions in their own right, but will often center around and help promote HBO Max programming. As part of the deal, iHeartMedia will also get a first-look priority to produce HBO Max companion podcasts during the term of the agreement. Additionally, iHeartMedia and WarnerMedia Entertainment will both commit marketing resources to promote the podcasts and other HBOMax content across the iHeartPodcast Network and other iHeartMedia broadcast and digital platforms. Together, WarnerMedia Entertainment and iHeartMedia may also produce podcasts for WarnerMedia Entertainment’s television networks, TNT, TBS and truTV.
“We look forward to working with iHeartMedia as we continue to find new ways to break ground and create opportunities for our storytellers to do what they do best,” said Kevin Reilly, President, TBS, TNT, and truTV and Chief Content Officer, HBO Max. “Today’s streaming fans are hungry for more content the second they finish an episode of their favorite shows, and podcasts are a great way to keep those fans engaged while also giving our roster of creative talent additional tools to extend the worlds of their shows and stories.”
“We’re beyond thrilled to forge this new partnership with WarnerMedia Entertainment to create an exciting slate of companion podcasts based on the incredible content coming to HBO Max,” said Conal Byrne, President, iHeartPodcast Network. “WarnerMedia Entertainment’s networks and brands have long been a marvel in the entertainment industry, and we’re ecstatic for the opportunity to be a part of their legendary storytelling and to bring this trove of new content to the iHeartPodcast Network.”
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Ingrooves Music Group Awarded U.S. Patent for Leveraging A.I. to Identify High-Value Streaming Audiences
- 5 Verzuz Battles That Would Break the Internet
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- TSU students seek internships, job opportunities as record number of companies attend first-ever virtual career fair
- Vanessa Bryant Issues Statement Following Her Mother’s ‘More Than Painful’ Accusations
- Westwood One and Imperative Entertainment’s Podcast Division Launch the Red Note And La Nota Roja
- POP TALKS: Closing Keynote Conversation with Dua Lipa
- “The Chris Stigall Show” Takes 10am-Noon Weekdays on Kansas City’s KCMO Talk Radio