Events will address students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni.
Florida A&M University (FAMU) President Larry Robinson, Ph.D., and his Senior Leadership Team will host a series of virtual town hall meetings next week for students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni to discuss the University’s reopening plans for the summer and fall in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The events will be broadcast live on Zoom. To submit questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FAMU Faculty Virtual Town Hall is scheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 9. Panelists will include members of the Senor Leadership Team and representatives from Student Health Services, Student Affairs, Administration and Finance, the Faculty Senate, the faculty union, and Plant Operations and Maintenance(POM).
The Student/Parents Virtual Town Hall is scheduled for 8 p.m. Tuesday. A similar group of panelists will take questions during this event, which also will be broadcast live on the FAMU Facebook page.
The Staff Virtual Town Hall is scheduled for 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 10. President Robinson and members of the Senior Leadership Team will make up most of that panel.
The Alumni Virtual Town Hall is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 10. Panelists will include members of the Senior Leadership Team, and representatives from Student Health Services, POM and the National Alumni Association. The event will be streamed live on Zoom and on the NAA Official Facebook page.
The reopening plan approved by the FAMU Board of Trustees on June 4 would allow a phased return of administrators and staff and implement detailed safety, screening and reporting protocols to safeguard the campus in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 26-page reopening plan will be submitted to the Florida Board of Governors, which will consider it for approval at the June 23 meeting in Orlando.
“This plan presents a set of comprehensive measures taken for the benefit of faculty, staff and students as we ramp up on-campus operations,” Robinson said. “We will do all we can to continue to provide exceptional experiences for our students and address the well-being of our faculty and staff. Their return to campus will be a vote of confidence in us. We will not take that lightly.”
The post FAMU To Host Virtual Town Hall Meetings To Discuss Reopening Plan appeared first on FAMU Forward.
- The Black Effect Podcast Network Names Dollie S. Bishop President of Production and Creative Development
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Apple Music’s Rap Life Presents Exclusive Event Filmed at Howard University in Washington, DC
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- Musician Kashif Found Dead
- DADDY YANKEE RELEASES NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO “DON DON” WITH ANUEL AA AND KENDO KAPONI