Digital and Radio Facts FAMU Preps For Virtual Suit Up and Career & Internship Expo – Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
JC Penney Suit-Up will be held over three days beginning Friday, Sept. 11.
Both the Florida A&M University (FAMU) JC Penney Suit-Up Event and the Career and Internship Expo are going totally digital this semester, thanks to the global pandemic.
The Suit-Up usually involves hundreds of FAMU students converging on JC Penney in Tallahassee’s Governor’s Square mall on a Sunday evening to use coupons to buy heavily discounted professional attire and accessories.
This year, the coupons and purchasing will be online. Instead of just one evening of shopping, students will have three days to shop online. Because it will take several days for online purchases to be delivered in the mail, the Expo will begin a week and a half after the Suit-Up, said Shereada Harrell, director of the FAMUCareer and Professional Development Center.
The Suit-Up runs Friday, Sept. 11 through Sunday, Sept.13. Students must register by Friday. Faculty and staff can participate.
This year, the FAMU Career and Internship Expo is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 23 and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sept. 24.
Currently, 170 entities, including corporations and state and local governments, have signed up to recruit online on the first day. One hundred recruiters have signed up for the second day. More than 140 students have registered with Handshake to interview for fulltime jobs or internships.
To register visit: https://app.joinhandshake.com/events/551077/share_preview
“We are encouraging more students to sign up,” said Harrell. Because the events are digital, geography should not be an obstacle to participation.
“Students don’t have to be in Tallahassee to participate in either the Suit-up and Expo,” she said. “They can sign in from home.”
Harrell said students should think outside the box when considering career opportunities. For instance, banks don’t just hire business students. They also recruit graduates for marketing, communications and IT jobs.
Freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the group sessions so they can get a jumpstart learning about companies and future internship and job opportunities.
Students are asked to follow the Career Office on social media at:
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry