River Radio’s WCIL in Carbondale, Ill lost one of the Radio Stations DJs this weekend. Investigators say it may be several weeks before they know how a local radio DJ died. Joshua Eldridge, 28, of Benton, was found dead in a hotel Saturday morning. He was known by thousands as DJ Elrod on 101.5 WCIL-FM.
David Franklin has known DJ Elrod for almost a decade. Not by his radio handle, but rather the neighbor upstairs named Josh. Franklin learned of Joshua Eldridge’s death Sunday afternoon, shortly before News 3 arrived.”I was shocked,” Franklin said. “I wasn’t expecting to hear that at all.”Investigators say Eldridge’s body was found in a room at Days Inn in Benton early Saturday, about a mile from his home. Franklin County Coroner Marty Leffler says preliminary autopsy results do not give him any solid answers as to how Eldridge died. He is awaiting toxicology results, which could take two to four weeks. The Radio Station posted this message on their website:It is with a heavy heart and utmost sadness that we recognize the passing of CIL-FM Night Show Host Josh “Elrod” Eldridge. Josh was an extremely talented, dedicated employee of River Radio for five years and he will be greatly missed. The airwaves of CIL-FM will not be the same without Elrod’s voice and the great contribution he has made to our Radio Station over the years. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. May he rest in peace
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond