2007thru2010Radio and Music Industry News

BOOM Premiers Early as 107.3 The Wave Waves Goodbye in Cleveland

The Smooth Jazz format is on life support.   Some say the format is already deceased.   Was the format ever really “Smooth Jazz?” No, it was Adult easy listening.The Cleveland radio dial gets a big makeover a week early with Boom 107.3 which features Classic Rock and today’s alternative music. The Radio Station premiered today.   You can hear it at their website here.

* indicates required

Meet the Former Radio DJ who Turned her Experience and Challenges into a Profitable and Award Winning Podcast

KCRW WELCOMES TWO NEW HIRES TO ITS CONTENT LEADERSHIP TEAM ACCOMPANIED BY FIVE-YEAR INVESTMENT FROM THE KCRW FOUNDATION BOARD TO DEVELOP AUDIENCES IN THE PODCAST SPACE

Meet the Hip Hop Radio DJ who is Taking His Passion for Gaming to Radio Stations Nationwide

Ural Garrett

Byron Allen Gets OK from Judge to Sue McDonald’s for 10 Billion

Deborah Walker

Keynote Sessions and Networking Events Take Center Stage at NAB Show New York

Breaking the Digital Divide: Eligible Families Receive Discounted Access to Broadband Internet

CHEVROLET – YUNG JOC AND STREETZ MORNING TAKEOVER “STAY IN COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS”

T.D. Jakes’ Dexterity Sounds Inks Distribution Deal with Roc Nation

Brilliant Minds Collective® Proudly Welcomes Cynthia Johnson as New Chairperson

NS December 29, 2009 at 7:36 am

This explains it! While I had my complaints about the absence of jazz (in a world of plenty) on the WAVE…what I woke up the other day and today is hideous.
Time to find another station to fill the a.m. and car radio bill!

DISGUSTED December 29, 2009 at 11:47 pm

“Hideous” is the correct discription. This is imitation singing with music. Boom 107.3 sounds like something from groups that have just started wnd still haven’t figured out how to develop a sound that’s enjoyed by many. I guess it is enjoyed by many if you want to count people who are drunk or high! Any sober person would ask “What the hell is that horrible sound?!” Please turn it off! Well, that’s what I’m doing, turning that FM station off. I’m not paying for 107.3 HD radio for smooth jazz or adult easy iistening. I’ll just have to listen to it over my computer on wnwv.com.

Barry Allison January 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I’ve listend to previous wave for many years.After listening ,to not even two tracks on your new Boom, for me it’s a major BUST! It’s like chalk on a black board. I’am GONE.

kris January 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I love the new format,, Its so refreshing to hear alternative music not palyed or heard on other stations..yaaaa!

Anonymous January 9, 2010 at 10:34 am

Now that “the wave,” has bottomed out, I am listening to 91.5 fm. They play jazz, sambas, new artists like Stacey Kent, Michael Buble and classic band songs. Much of the music is relaxing, too.

Preston Roberts January 9, 2010 at 10:41 am

Now that “the wave,” is gone, I get my jazz and brazilian music need s fulfilled at 91.5. This station plays artists like Michael Buble, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Ramsey Lewis and classic band songs all day and night.. Much of the music is relaxing, too. Young people help and learn about radio broadcasting, there. WKHR.org isn’t going to change and disappoint it’s listeners.

Angela McCoy January 11, 2010 at 7:47 am

I am throughly digusted with the new Boom 107.3 music.I was a lover of Wave music and I will not be listening to this new alternative music. Shame on the station for getting rid of The Wave. 91.5 here I come.

Angela McCoy January 11, 2010 at 7:48 am

I am throughly disgusted with the new Boom 107.3 music.I was a lover of The Wave music and I will not be listening to this new alternative music. Shame on the station for getting rid of The Wave. 91.5 here I come.

Don January 23, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Smooth jazz is pretty much a joke with the fake percussion tracks and the cliche hooks. I like classic jazz and fusion of which was seldom heard on the Wave. I have listened to the new format and it has my ear! I like that it’s not genre specific nor stale. Sometimes change is good.

LINDA February 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm

After listening to Boom for two days in a row, I am hooked.
It’s such a pleasure to listen to something that is different. It’s refreshing not to listen to the same stuff over and over. Micheal McDonald was getting way to much airtime at Smooth Jazz.