Beyonce is giving viewers a behind-the-scenes look into the making of her most recent LP with a special on ABC.
ABC made the announcement that the hour-long presentation, titled Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift, will show the process of creating The Lion King: The Gift. The compilation album was released on July 19 with Disney’s live-action remake of the beloved film. Beyoncé, who starred as Nala, served as executive producer while also contributing vocals to the album, which was produced through Parkwood Entertainment and Columbia Records.
The album, which tied in the themes from The Lion King, also included interludes with clips from the remake of the film. Other artists featured included Jay-Z, Pharrell, Jessie Reyez, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Burna Boy, WizKid, Tiwa Savage, Shatta Wale, Tierra Whack, and more. Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, also made a special appearance on the popular track, “Brown Skin Girl.”
“Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift” was written, directed and produced by Beyoncé alongside her co-director Ed Burke. Steve Pamon and Erinn Williams also served as executive producers.
The special is set to air tonight, September 16 at 10 pm ET. Take a peek at Making The Gift in the teaser below.
— ABC (@ABCNetwork) September 15, 2019
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,