Beyonce is giving viewers a behind-the-scenes look into the making of her most recent LP with a special on ABC.
ABC made the announcement that the hour-long presentation, titled Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift, will show the process of creating The Lion King: The Gift. The compilation album was released on July 19 with Disney’s live-action remake of the beloved film. Beyoncé, who starred as Nala, served as executive producer while also contributing vocals to the album, which was produced through Parkwood Entertainment and Columbia Records.
The album, which tied in the themes from The Lion King, also included interludes with clips from the remake of the film. Other artists featured included Jay-Z, Pharrell, Jessie Reyez, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Burna Boy, WizKid, Tiwa Savage, Shatta Wale, Tierra Whack, and more. Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, also made a special appearance on the popular track, “Brown Skin Girl.”
“Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift” was written, directed and produced by Beyoncé alongside her co-director Ed Burke. Steve Pamon and Erinn Williams also served as executive producers.
The special is set to air tonight, September 16 at 10 pm ET. Take a peek at Making The Gift in the teaser below.
— ABC (@ABCNetwork) September 15, 2019
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?