Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Grammy Award winning producer and DJ Afrojack, one of the most sought-after producers and DJs in the world, has been signed to an exclusive worldwide deal with Universal Music Group (UMG), through Afrojack’s label Wall Recordings, it was announced today by Max Hole, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group International (UMGI).
Under terms of the agreement, Island Records, a division of Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJ), will now take over radio promotion and sales in the U.S. for “As Your Friend” featuring Chris Brown, Afrojack’s new single on his self-owned label, Wall Recordings. The track, which has begun to receive strong radio support in the highly competitive EDM (electronic dance music) scene, officially impacts this week at Pop and Rhythm radio formats in the U.S. where Mediabase airplay is already building. “As Your Friend” is available at iTunes now.
Internationally “As Your Friend” will be released by Wall Recordings/Island Records/UMGI. The track was written by Afrojack, Chris Brown, Leroy Styles, DJ Buddha, Polow da Don and Nadir Sakir and produced by Afrojack with co-production by Leroy Styles, DJ Buddha and Polow da Don.
Island Records and UMGI will be responsible for the further roll out of Afrojack’s releases in the rest of the world, including his debut album, scheduled for fall of 2013.
“I want to take my music to the next level, both creatively and from a business point of view. Partnering up with UMG will give me the chance to do both, so I am very happy we were able to make a deal. UMG will support my releases with very strong budgets and with great people working my music around the world,” said Afrojack.
“This deal is an ideal combination of Wall Recordings’ strength as an independent with the worldwide marketing and distribution infrastructure that UMG can provide us with,” added Hugo Langras, Afrojack’s Manager. “We are very happy with this agreement, as it will allow us to take Afrojack’s career as a recording artist to the next level, while safeguarding his independence and stature in the EDM world.”
“Afrojack is one of the most prolific artists, DJs and producers in the world and so I’m really pleased that he’s chosen to partner with Universal for the next stage in his career,” said Max Hole.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Racist White Woman Gets Slapped
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Black Female Buffalo Police Officer Fired for Protecting a Black Suspect Being Choked By a White Officer
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face