About Shirley Caesar
When it comes to facts about Shirley Ceaser the list is endless in the gospel icon’s life. While the internet has gone insane for the #unameit challenge, there are probably other things you don’t know about the gospel great behind the song with the now super famous lyrics for “Hold My Mule”
She’s one of 13 children
Hollywood Walk of Fame
Durham City Council
In 1988 Ms. Caesar served as a member of the Durham City Council. She left after her four-year term to serve as a pastor with her husband at Mount Cavalry Word of Faith. Her focuses while on the council were housing and care for the poor and elderly.
She has a degree in Business Management from Shaw University. She studied for her Masters of Divinity from Duke University and she has honorary doctorates from Shaw University and Southeastern University and is a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority.
She has 11 Grammy’s
She has recorded over 40 albums.
About Shirley Ceasar … Singing for the Presidents
Some things YOU have to do yourself …
She took fate into her own hands, and wrote her own request to sing with the Caravans, writing, “please call on Shirley Caesar to sing a solo” which ultimately lead to her being asked to join the group.
About Shirley Ceasar … Singing is her Life
She was enrolled in her first year at North Carolina College (now N.C. Central University) and sold her biology book for bus fair to DC, where she met up with the Caravan’s and began traveling with them.
Shirley Caesar Outreach Ministries
Shirley Caesar Outreach Ministries in Durham, NC in 1969 mission statement was, “to provide food, clothing, shelter and emergency funds to the underprivileged and needy.” Her ministry became a certified non-profit in 1981. The organization is funded completely by Ms. Caesar, as she designated 50% of her earnings on the road to this ministry, as well as an annual fundraising conference.
About Shirley Ceasar … Her wedding
Her wedding to Harold Ivory Williams was attended by 2,500 fans, friends, and family. The reception was for 1,500 with an 8-foot long cake, and there were 140 people in the wedding party, not including the 3 ministers who officiated the wedding. It took nearly an hour to march to the stage in Durham’s Civic Center.
Ms. Caesar was always drawn to carrying out God’s work and received her calling during a typing test at her time at North Carolina College. She heard her name called, and when she realized that it had not been any of classmates, she returned home and heard the voice again, this time directing her to preach in His name.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)