WIGO Radio 1570 AM serving the Atlanta Georgia radio market has been selected as the 2017 Stellar Award recipient of the Major Market Radio Station of The Year.
The announcement was made during the Annual 2017 Stellar Awards Show in Las Vegas Nevada, Saturday, March 25, 2017.The honor was achieved despite tough competition from over two dozen or more stations in cities including Atlanta, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Houston, Orlando and Los Angeles.
The Stellar Award for Major Market Station is based on the station’s program quality, listener support, community outreach and advertising services.The WIGO 1570 AM , “Atlanta’s incredible radio”, format is a mixture of Gospel music, Ministries, Talk, News and Sports, Blues and R & B music.
“I was astounded when they called my name”, said Larry Young, WIGO General Manager. “It was amazing”.Nominees are chosen by the Stellar Gospel Music Academy during first round balloting. The final four nominees in the category are chosen by the public.“I want to thank our listeners,”Young said.
“They voted us in and this win is a really big deal for us”.This is the second year WIGO has been nominated for a Stellar Award. The station was nominated last year in the Major Market category but lost to Praise 104.1 in Washington D.C.
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)