Following the celebrated premiere this Spring of the documentary L.A. Originals, Urban Legends / UMe unveils the soundtrack to the film on December 4, 2020.
An exploration of the culture and landmarks of the chicano and street art movement that cemented revered hip hop photographer Estevan Oriol and tattoo artist Mister Cartoon’s statuses as behind-the-scenes hip hop legends, L.A. Originals follows the two L.A. natives from their initial meeting in 1992 to becoming the biggest and most influential creative Chicano artists in SoCal street culture, hip hop and beyond. This accompanying soundtrack collects some of the musicians who have been inked by Cartoon and captured on celluloid by Oriol.
Celebrated by New York Times who called the film “part reminiscence and part reclamation”, L.A. Originals profiles Cartoon and Estevan whose career trajectories soared together by their complementary and combined synergy. L.A. Originals focuses on these two creative forces and the veritable who’s who in LA film and hip hop that orbited around them, including Eminem, actor Danny Trejo, artist Shepard Fairy, Kobe Bryant, as well as the artists who appear on the soundtrack.
A fascinating and rhythmic snapshot in hip hop that enveloped Oriol and Cartoon’s world, the music from the film collects some of the biggest tracks by Method Man (“Da Rockwilder”), 50 Cent (“Disco Inferno”), Snoop Dogg (“Gin & Juice”), Gang Starr (“Mass Appeal”), and Public Enemy (“Fight the Power”) and brings them together onto one album.
Slick Rick “Children’s Story”
Public Enemy “Fight The Power”
50 Cent “Disco Inferno”
Eric B. & Rakim “Juice (Know The Ledge) / Album Version (Explicit)”
Young MC “Bust A Move”
Snoop Dogg “Gin & Juice”
Cypress Hill “Hand on the Pump”
Cypress Hill “Shook Ones Pt. 1”
Gang Starr “Mass Appeal”
Method Man “Da Rockwilder / Album Version (Edited)”
Terror Squad “Lean Back / Album Version (Edited)”
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- ANTHEM ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES COUNTRY CATALOG FROM HIT SONGWRITER KELLY ARCHER
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- 70-Million-Year-Old Fossil of Baby Dinosaur Discovered in China