SESAC, the nation's most progressive performing rights organization, will honor the top film and television composers and executives at the invite-only 2014 sesac Film & TV Awards on Wednesday, June 4, 2014 in Santa Monica, Calif.
A major highlight of the evening will be the presentation of the “Visionary Award” to Netflix in recognition of their, “exceptional creativity and innovation in entertainment media.” Netflix, the world's leading Internet television network with over 48 million members in more than 40 countries, was also be cited for its original series, “House of Cards,” which features the music of sesac composer Jeff Beal. Executives from Netflix will accept the award on behalf of the network.
SESAC’s Executive Vice President Dennis Lord, Senior Vice President Writer/Publisher Relations Trevor Gale, and Vice President Film, Television & Developing Media Erin Collins will host the ceremonies. Award-winning composers in attendance will include Christophe Beck (“Hangover” movie series, “The Muppets” and “The Internship”); Danny Lux (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Mistresses” and “Save Me”); Dennis C. Brown (“Two & A Half Men” and “Mike & Molly”); Jon Ehrlich (“Parenthood”); John Swihart (“How I Met Your Mother,” “Go On”); Christopher Tyng (“The OC,” “Suits,” and “Futurama”) and many more.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time