Radio Facts: Radio Facts: The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) has named David Abel as vice president and general manager of the Scripps radio operations in Tulsa, Oklahoma which include KVOO-FM, KHTT-FM, KBEZ-FM, KXBL-FM and KFAQ-AM. Abel will start in his new role on Nov. 23.
“David’s broadcast and digital experience, as well as his strong leadership track record, makes him a great fit with Scripps and our Tulsa team,” said Steve Wexler, vice president of radio for Scripps. “I’m thrilled to welcome him to our company.”
Most recently, Abel was VP/GM for Apex Broadcasting where he managed radio stations in Charleston, South Carolina and Hilton Head, South Carolina. Abel also served as a sales manager for Cox Media Group stations in Greenville, South Carolina, Orlando, Florida, and Birmingham, Alabama. Radio Ink magazine recently named Abel one of the “Best Managers in Radio.”
“I am honored to lead the Tulsa radio team forward and to become part of a broadcast group that shares the same core values I do,” said Abel. “I especially look forward to the opportunities to work closely with our sister TV station, KJRH-TV, to partner on projects that benefit our audiences, our advertisers and the Tulsa community”.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Top Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Racist White Woman Gets Slapped
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time