In the wake of surviving a drive-by shooting in which he was the target this week, rap star Rick Ross has enlisted ’round the clock security detail for his protection. Sources say the rapper had been receiving threats leading up to the onslaught.
Ross’ 2006 debut album “Port Of Miami” debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200 album chart, and sold 187,000 units during its first week. He is nominated for a Grammy Award this year in the Rap Album category, and is the nominee/winner of multiple BET Hip Hop Awards.
No stranger to violence, prior to the Ft. Lauderdale drive by shooting this week, Ross brawled with fellow rapper Young Jeezy backstage at the 2012 BET Hip Hop Awards in Atlanta, and some sources say gunfire was involved. The former correctional officer was arrested on gun charges in 2008. He also suffered two seizures in one day in 2011.
Previously, Ross only hired armed bodyguards for major public events and appearances. No arrests have been made in the attack.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- The 10 Best UNSUNG Episodes So Far…
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich