Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Lauryn Hill's Tumblr account was updated with new music and a message from the rapper/actress/singer. As you know, L Boogie has been incarcerated for the last 3 months due to tax evasion. On the eve of her release from prison, she gives the world new music.
Consumerism is a track coming out on the eve of Ms. Hill’s release. She wanted to get this music out while she was incarcerated, as it is a product of the space she was in while she was going through some of the challenges she has been faced with recently.
“Consumerism is part of some material I was trying to finish before I had to come in. We did our best to eek out a mix via verbal and emailed direction, thanks to the crew of surrogate ears on the other side. Letters From Exile is material written from a certain space, in a certain place. I felt the need to discuss the underlying socio-political, cultural paradigm as I saw it. I haven’t been able to watch the news too much recently, so I’m not hip on everything going on. But inspiration of this sort is a kind of news in and of itself, and often times contains an urgency that precedes what happens. I couldn’t imagine it not being relevant. Messages like these I imagine find their audience, or their audience finds them, like water seeking it’s level.”
– Ms. Lauryn Hill
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group