iHeartMedia Los Angeles’ 104.3 MYFM, 90’s to Now Radio Station for Los Angeles, California and home of the Valentine In The Morning show, announced today that Raphael Opida (aka “Raph”) is returning to Los Angeles as Assistant Program Director and Afternoon Drive Host, beginning March 28. Raph will broadcast weekdays from 3 – 7 p.m.
Raph joins 104.3 MYFM after a short hiatus from the radio business. He spent two years on the air at iHeartMedia’s KIIS FM from 2019 – 2021, then took some time to pursue active-duty opportunities in the New York Army National Guard. Prior to KIIS, Raph worked at iHeartMedia’s WIOQ in Philadelphia, serving as the Assistant Program Director and Music Director and hosted nights.
He began his radio career in 2007 as a morning show intern at WPXY in Rochester, New York. Raph wore many hats during his tenure there including serving as the Promotions Director and on-air personality for nights, PM drive and mid-days.
As Assistant Program Director, Raph will help curate 104.3 MYFM’s sound and execution across multiple platforms to ensure MYFM continues to be one of LA’s top performers. He will report to John Peake, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Los Angeles, and Program Director for 104.3 MYFM.
“We are thrilled to have Raph back with iHeart LA and our new afternoon host on MYFM,” said Peake. “He is talented and motivated and knows how to connect on any platform. He will add great depth to our programming bench as he steps in as Assistant Program Director. I am looking forward to working with Raph in both roles.”
“After a short walk outside the radio world, I’m back and ready to take on the LA market, this time with 104.3 MYFM,” said Raph. “It’s going to be a blast working with Valentine and the rest of the MYFM crew. Many thanks to iHeartMedia for affording me this great opportunity to utilize my programming chops. Plus, the Dodgers are hosting the MLB All-Star game this summer, nothing’s better than being in LA!”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Los Angeles market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social, and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- Teenagers Break into $8 Million Florida Home To Throw Party, Shares Evidence Online
- The Steve Harvey Show Discusses Martin Lawrence Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Woman Gets Prison Time After ‘Prank’ Pushing Man Off Boat, Causing Him To Drown
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses What Chris Brown Thinks About His Michael Jackson Comparison