Today, Red Bull Records is thrilled to announce its partnership deal with acclaimed producer, songwriter, and music executive Ebony ‘WondaGurl’ Oshunrinde and her label imprint, Wonderchild. The news of the exciting new partnership follows WondaGurl’s history-making win at the 2021 Juno Awards, where she became the first Black woman to receive the Jack Richardson Producer of the Year Award.
The first deal of its kind for Red Bull Records, WondaGurl will work alongside Red Bull Records executives Greg Hammer (Managing Director) and Kenny ‘Tick’ Salcido (Senior Vice President / Head of A&R) to sign fresh, exciting new talent. Toronto rapper JUGGER will serve as the first artist to sign to the label, with his highly anticipated full-length project executive produced by WondaGurl out later this year.
“We couldn’t be more excited to announce this partnership with WondaGurl,” says Hammer. “As one of the most groundbreaking producers in her field, we look forward to investing in WondaGurl’s creative vision and championing her future signings. Our first joint signing JUGGER is the perfect embodiment of our partnership, and as a pioneer of the ‘death trap’ genre, his sound is one that is truly innovative and unmatched.”
“WondaGurl defines our mission statement of working with culturally significant talent. A veteran producer at only 24 years old, WondaGurl has worked with A-list artists for years and is now offering rising talent the chance to sign to her Wonderchild imprint in partnership with Red Bull Records,” notes Salcido. “At the time of negotiations, our A&R consultant Gelareh ‘G’ Rouzbehani worked tirelessly with us to help bring this deal to fruition. JUGGER will be our first official joint signing, and we are excited to combine forces to give him the platform he needs to make a strong debut. I believe Tyler Henry and Sturdy are one of the best management teams in the business, and we could not be more excited to grow this partnership with them.”
“It has been a pleasure working with the Red Bull Records team this past year in developing my first artist, JUGGER,” says WondaGurl. “Kenny, G, Greg, and the rest of the team have given me the time and space to create. As an artist and producer, that means everything. I look forward to the release of our first project together and everything to come with this relationship.”
“Red Bull Records has been a great partner and supported WondaGurl in her creative endeavors over this last year,” adds WondaGurl’s manager, Tyler Henry. “We are excited to get our first release out together.”
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show