Ebro in the Morning discussed whether Beyoncé is an ableist. Beyoncé has had to remove a lyric from her song “Heated” on her “Renaissance” album because disability advocate groups labeled her as an ableist for the term “spaz.”
Laura Stylez said the artist Lizzo went through the same thing. People with spasms, such as Parkinson’s disease, may be offended by using the word. Ebro said he is not that emotionally tied to the word, and anyone upset about removing the word, he asks, “that’s the hill you’re dying on.”
There is an organization out there that is dealing with issues, and they have representation. When an organization has representation, it will work hard for its clients, said Ebro.
“If you think you’re too good to change your vocabulary because the word isn’t offensive to you, does that make you an ableist?” asked Ebro.
Rosenberg said he does not know what type of person constitutes as an ableist. He wondered if it meant a person who is disabled or if it refers to a person who looks down on those with disabilities.
Ebro said it would not take much effort for Beyoncé to fix the issue with the lyric in her song. It simply means re-recording the lyric and then re-uploading it. The ordeal will only take a day or two because she probably has a studio and a microphone in her house.
Ebro also wondered if Beyoncé was getting in on working on the production side of music. He asked if she was “cooking up beats and samples and bringing it to other producers to finish it.”
Rosenberg said that it was a nice story, and it could be true.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Terrance Dean, Author of “Hiding in Hip Hop” has Died
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Police Release Video of Passengers who Rob and Beat Cabdriver in New York, Fatal Punch Kills the Father of Four (video)