The Michael Baisden Show Adds Award-Winning Broadcast Journalist Dominique DiPrima As Co-Host
Heard in over 50 markets, show also announces return to Atlanta and Las Vegas
LOS ANGELES, CA, January 9, 2018 – After an extensive search for a co-host for The Michael Baisden Show, the search concluded with award-winning broadcast journalist and radio personality Dominique DiPrima being tapped for the position. The Emmy-winning DiPrima is best known as the host of the popular daily news and public affairs show “Front Page” on KJLH-FM in Los Angeles. In addition to being a co-host she will also take on the role of senior producer.
“Dominique is an amazing talent,” shared host Michael Baisden. “I’ve known her for more than 20 years and I knew one day we’d be in the studio starting trouble together!”
“2018 is going to be a great year in radio,” added DiPrima. “Michael is a radio icon, an innovator and a true mover and shaker. I'm thrilled to be a part of his team!”
Heard nationwide in over 50 media markets including WHUR 96.3 FM in Washington D.C., HOT 105 WHQT in Miami and recently announced Atlanta's WTBS-FM Mix 87.7 and beginning in February KCEP Power 88 FM in Las Vegas, The Michael Baisden Show is syndicated through Baisden Media Group in partnership with SupeRadio and AURN (American Urban Radio Networks).
An obvious choice for Baisden, DiPrima was news anchor of choice for living legend Stevie Wonder when he hosted his “Stevie Wonder Morning Thunder Thousand Dollar Thursdays” on KJLH-FM’s morning drive. Previously, Ms. DiPrima spent three years as a co-host and news director/anchor of “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” on KKBT-FM (The Beat) in Los Angeles and in limited syndication.
A talk radio veteran, with a stint as host and producer of her own talk show “Street Science with Dominique DiPrima” for almost nine years on 100.3 FM The Beat, she also served as the station’s Community Action Director, building the department into an unprecedented, large arm of the radio station while working closely with grassroots community organizations. During her time at The Beat, she earned the station a NAB Crystal Award. “Street Science with Dominique DiPrima” garnered her a L.A. Weekly “Best of L.A.” award and a Gracie Award from the American Women in Radio and Television.
The Michael Baisden Show can be heard weekdays from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST in over 50 media markets as well as online. For more information including station listings, please visit michaelbaisden.com.
- Frank Ski and Nina Brown Talk about V103 Exit and WHUR Plans (DARF.TV video)
- Condolences to Cathy Hughes: Mother, Helen Jones Woods, Passes from COVID
- Former Record Label Exec Starts Music Start-up Deepr®
- Reggie Rouse Promoted at Entercom
- Rapper FBG Duck Killed In Chicago Shooting
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Motown Records 1974 Picnic (video)
- D.L. Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- That Time Ellen DeGeneres Cancelled Gospel Singer Kim Burrell for Extreme Rant Bashing Homosexuals and the Late Eddie Long (video)
- Madd Hatta Exits Radio One Takes on New Position