CUMULUS MEDIA | BEAUMONT is searching for an experienced Program Director. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating strong brands and must have a strong background and passion for Urban/R&B/Hip-Hop music. Energy, enthusiasm and experience within the genre is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including; music scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue-generating sales & programming promotions, website & social media, digital content and have a strong understanding of the core audience of an Urban format. The position also requires a daily air shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and/or live appearances and live remotes!
CUMULUS | Beaumont currently features 5 stations in the Beaumont area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: Magic 102.5 KTCX-FM The Big Station, 101.7-FM KAYD-FM plays Country music, 94.1 KQXY-FM Top 40 and 1510 KBED-AM / KIKR-AM is CBS Sports Radio. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
We’re looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, On-Air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. Excellent writing and production skills to image and brand your stations are essential. People skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical.
- Create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of Magic 102.5 KTCX-FM through all distribution channels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
- Successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
- Develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
- Produce quality commercials for clients
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Operate control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment as well as music scheduling software
- Minimum 3 years of successful programming experience and winning track record backed by Nielsen Audio results preferred
- Strong social and digital experience
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings, research and music (Stratus) programs
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- A strong understanding of PPM / Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
- Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).