CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has re-launched the heritage Harrisburg, PA, Classic Rock station, 93.5 WTPA-FM. The station flipped from its previous Country format and branding as WZCY/93 NASH FM at 9:30am Eastern today, and launched the next generation of 93.5 WTPA, Central PA’s Classic Rock.
The station welcomed Classic Rock fans back home to 93.5 WTPA with its first cut, Guns N’ Roses’ “Welcome to the Jungle.” 93.5 WTPA-FM previously aired as a Classic Rock station from 1985 to 2011.
Ron Giovanniello, Regional Vice President, Cumulus Pennsylvania, said: “It has been 10 long years since listeners have heard their favorite Classic Rock on 93.5 WTPA, and we are so excited to bring back this iconic and legendary Central PA radio station. The best classic rock on the radio is back on 93.5 WTPA, Central PA’s Classic Rock!”
Chris James, Program Director, 93.5 WTPA, commented: “I was at 93.5 WTPA when it signed on in 1985. I spent 27 years at the station. To be able to bring it back to life again in 2021 is a definite career highlight. VERY excited for Central PA to get one of their favorite radio stations back!”
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money