Radio Facts: A coroner has ruled that an accidental overdose of methadone and alcohol killed the husband of singer-songwriter Corinne Bailey Rae, reports say.
Police found the body of Scottish-born Jason Rae, 31, at a flat in the Hyde Park area of Leeds, West Yorkshire, on March 22. Leeds Coroner's Court said the saxophonist had alcohol and methadone, a heroin substitute, in his blood.
He also found traces of cocaine and ecstasy during the post-mortem examination, but said those would not have contributed to Mr. Rae's death. Coroner David Hinchliff gave a verdict of “death by misadventure,” according to Eurweb.com.
Bailey Rae, 29, met her husband at a Leeds jazz club where she was working as a cloakroom attendant. They married in 2001.
In a statement read by the coroner in court, the singer, who was not present, said her husband had struggled with alcohol for “a few years.”
“My husband is my first and only true love,” she said. “He is the most beautiful and complex person I have ever known. He is utterly irreplaceable.”
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Look at this HUGE New York City Rat (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- The Undeniable 7 Best Black Male Singers of All Time
- Joe Responds To DJ Khaled | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of (Video)
- Soul Train Creator Don Cornelius’ Funeral Program
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Candace Owens Says George Floyd was a Criminal